Before you install your home charger, here are a few tips to help the process run more smoothly.³
Use a professional
Professional installers understand local regulations and are qualified to work with electrical equipment. They are licensed and bonded, and their work is typically guaranteed.
Consider how you normally park your car. Since the charge port on both the ARIYA and LEAF is located towards the front of the vehicle, you’ll want to install your home charger so that the charge cable can easily reach the charge port with minimal obstruction.
To ensure there is never tension in the cable or cable connections, locate your wall charger so that once mounted, there is always a measure of slack in the charging cable.
Your charger should be mounted to a vertical wall-stud or securely to a wall with appropriate mounting anchors.
Your EV home charger draws power from a 240-volt outlet, like the one your laundry dryer uses. If you have an existing outlet available for use with your home charger, ensure it is properly located, correctly installed and compliant with local regulations. If you need to install one, a professional installation by a qualified technician is highly recommended.3
Additional home installation tips:
- Your EV home charger should only be installed by qualified, professional technicians.
- Your EV home charger installation must comply with local regulations
- Your EV home charger must be grounded
- Your EV home charger must be protected from impacts, moisture and misuse
- EV home chargers typically have no user-serviceable parts. Never attempt to repair your home charger yourself – always call in a qualified professional technician for any repairs